- Not only is this engraved note called “Amber Waves” — making it quite appropriate to correspond while celebrating Team U.S.A. — its blue envelope is lined in bronze. Together with a delicately engraved image of grain, we have to say this note is certainly worthy of a medal.
- When going for the gold — be it in running shoes or with pen in hand — one should always be inspired. We think this large leather journal in the Olympian’s favorite hue should do the trick.
- The name of this personalized note card from our Crane Style Now collection is “Pass the Bubbly”, which is exactly what our Olympians will want to do after earning gold (or just the chance to compete). The rings also remind us of the games’ iconic logo, which represents the world’s five continents. A trip that encompasses all of them would be quite nice — if only for the fabulous letters home.
- Ah, what pride and joy our Olympians must feel upon the playing of our National Anthem. The Star Spangled Banner (for which this card from our Americana Collection is named) surely sounds best when heard from atop a podium.
- The handsome glint of our Faber Castell pen reminds us of the stately silver medal. Around one’s neck or in one’s hand, one can’t help but feel a bit more accomplished for owning it.
- Even after watching our favorites dash across courts at Roland Garros and the All England Club, we still can’t wait to see Venus, Serena and Andy go for Olympic gold. From squash to swimming, best of luck to all of our Team U.S.A. athletes!Life’s richer with friends, so let’s stay in touch! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest.
While the National Stationery Show is certainly a time for us to show off our new collections as well as old favorites, we also love admiring the wonderfully creative work of our peers and — since they come from all over the world — meeting them in person.
The party is a chance for stationers, designers, press operators and press to mingle, sip & nibble, and — of course — talk paper. The party was a-hoppin, so unfortunately we couldn’t speak with everyone, but we did get to chat with the lovely folks from The Happy Envelope, Southern Living, Stationery HQ and Mr. Boddington’s Studio.
We must say, it’s quite fun exchanging ooh’s & ahh’s over business cards, sharing favorite design finds from the day and now having a stationery stop in pretty much every city we’ve ever wanted to visit. And what else is fun?
Last week, we had the pleasure of being invited to be part of the Lenox Wedding Planner Tour.
Our mission, should we have chosen to accept it (which we did, of course): Provide the invitations that would serve as the inspiration for the Design Challenge.
The challenge: Choose one of our wedding invitations and design a dinner table around it.
The planners were spread out among several properties (the Appletree Inn, Winthrop Estate, Seven Hills Inn, Gateways Inn, Rookwood Inn and Garden Gables Inn) around Lenox, Massachusetts, which is nestled in the heart of the Berkshires.
We were asked to hold court over the Winthrop Estate designers: Annie Lee from Daughter of Design, Krista Njapa of C&G Weddings and Ariella Chezar of Ariella Flowers. Below are a few photos that show off the Crane & Co. invitations they chose on the tables they beautifully designed.